Same Attribute for variation and not for variation

• When I import a product that uses the same attributes other products use WooPOS creates a new attribute with (v) after it rather than using the attribute that’s already there. (See Blend and Blend(v) in my database) I’d like all my products that use the Blend attribute to use the same one rather than having a new one each time I import a new product. What am I doing wrong?

You probably have some products Blend attribute has “For variation” checked on, and some of them checked off. When you import, WooPOS detects “For variation” difference on same attribute name. The system will append (v) to the name, so we know one attribute is
    “For variation”, and another is not. The main reason is that WooPOS “For variation” is on attribute level, while WooCommerce is on the product level.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Benjamin.

I think I understand, but it creates a bit of a problem for me: it separates the attributes so that a customer who wants to see all of the food blends I offer will only see one set of products when they click on the Blend attribute link and another set when they click on the Blend(v) attribute. There’s no one link they can click that lets them see ALL of the blends that I offer. Does that make sense?

You can setup Blend(v) “for variation”, and Blend “not for variation” in the same attribute set.

variation-and-non-variation.png

If you see the attribute being disabled on parent (main) Sku, that’s variation attribute. You can only edit variation attributes on variation Skus (not main Sku).

how-to-check-if-attributes-are-for-variations.png

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.