Purchase Orders: A Step by Step Guide
1. The first step to a successful purchase order is to create a new blank purchase order.
2. Once you have an empty order, you are ready to add the items you would like to order. There are several different methods to accomplish this:
From a Scanner: Exporting a SKU List from a Scanner to a Purchase Order
Automatically (via re-order points): Automatically Adding Items to a Purchase Order
From Special Order: Adding Special Orders to a Purchase Order
3. Look over your ordered items and make any changes or corrections needed.
4. When you are satisfied with your order, create a PO report to send to your vendor.
5. Once your ordered items arrive at your store, re-open the purchase order to receive and post the items.
6. Pay the vendor invoice and record your payment.